We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Tours?

Toronto
7 posts
Save Topic
Booking Tours?

Would you recommend that we book the wine tours/horseback riding etc over the internet before we leave or is it better to arrange this when we get to Santiago through the hotel we are staying at?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Tours?

have you found any tour companies to book horse riding on over the net. We are off in March and are keen to do some horse riding in the andes. If you have any tour company sites can you post them for me.

thanks steve

Toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Tours?

Try www.cascada.net

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Tours?

I think you will get more choice if you wait until you get to Chile, but here are a couple of sites www.abtao.cl and www.gochile.cl

Toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Tours?

Thanks Toid!

When we get to Chile, how do we go about inquiring about & booking tours?

I understand that a lot of hotels will provide this service to you but what happens if the hotel you stay at doesn't have any english-speaking staff (eg. Lafayette Suites Hotel --- the reviews on this site refer to this)?

Thanks!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Tours?

Just try, horse riding tours in Spanish are called cabalgatas, that might help. Alternatively, given the location, walk down Av. Providencia until you come to a travel agency - agenica de viajes. Viajes Andina del Sud, www.andinadelsud, offer a lot of excursiones around "Central Chile". They are located at El Golf 99. Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
1,537 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Tours?

When in Chile...we always use "Chile About" www.chileabout.com

they have some great tours available which take in the valleys of Curacavi and Casablanca vineyards. You can book them through Hotel Orly in Providencia or just by phone, which we did last time, we wanted to see the Andes and ski resorts.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Tours?

found a tour company called southworld adventours, www.swachile.com hourseriding seems very reasonably prices has anyone got any feed back on them.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Tours?

This is an excellent company. I booked a visit to the Morado glacier for a houseguest very recently. The service was excellent and they emailed a couple of days later to ask if he was satisfied or had any remarks. I had been looking around and comparing prices and they seemed reasonable as well. Although I don't know about their horseback tours, I imagine my experience with them is a good indicator.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Tours?

Just to add, they sent someone from the office who spoke english to accompany him as he had no spanish. She was taking photos on the way for SWA and took three of my houseguest on the trek and sent them to him, a nice touch.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Tours?

Mhhh

Be carefull as Andina del Sud is a big travel agency that buys tours to small operators as SWA or Cascada, so prices are normally higher than if you book directly.

The tours they do by their own are the traditional ones and those are not really good (i've done many with them).

I worked with SWA a lot of time and they are very good really.