We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone Help

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Phone Help

Hi, Im heading to Santiago and then heading north over the next month. My galaxy S2 went loco and all my holiday photos and screen shots with info disappeared. According to google I can get it all back using a free downloaded program but that requires a PC that I dont have. Does anyone know a phone or computer shop I may be able to get help from in Santiago that may be able to do that sort of thing? Your help is very much appreciated!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone Help

There is a shop on the street Merced opposite a Lider supermarket that probably could help you. Alternatively, you could go to the Costanera Center and ask in any of the numerous computer shops there. There are in addition lots of internet places that could perhaps help.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone Help

Like anywhere but perhaps more so in Chile, be careful as you do not know the competence of the techs unless they are a solid referral. And if you aren't fluent in Chilean Spanish, that could also be an issue.

You could try posting for help in the Classifieds section of the heavily visited (primarily) gringo Chile forum

http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/

Edited: 10:28 am, April 24, 2014
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone Help

Thank you both for the replies. I am definately not fluent (yet) so I will try out the suggested places and see how I feel after talking to them. I have been sending whatsapp and posting blog photos so I will have some photos if they can not be recovered but I was still stressed about it. Thanks again for you help.

4. Re: Phone Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 26, 2015