We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

I will be arriving in Chile at 7 a.m. I've been told lines can be long at that hour. Since I have visited Chile before I have the entry receipt in my passport. Will that expedite my entry? And if so, any advice on how to get through immigration as quickly as possible?

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

You are referring to the reciprocity fee and yes it is good for the life of your USA passport so skip the reciprocity fee booths and just get in line for passport control.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have an update on the reciprocity fee disappearing in 2014?

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

All contingent on VIsa Waiver Program entry and everything has gone quiet regarding it recently.

4. Re: Arriving at SCL, paid tax on last trip, different procedure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2015