We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

My wife and I are wanting to do at least one day trip from Santiago to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar along with a visit to a couple of wineries in Casablanca. Also, we may want to visit a couple of wineries in the Maipo Valley. Any recommendations for a tour guide?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Leo Cuzmar can do this for you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294305-i2020-k519…

Argentina
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

My husband and I traveled to South America in 2010, we made our transference with www.enaturchile.com, the cost was less that portCompass, in the route we visited a vineyard, we made a trip for Valparaiso, it is an interesting city, with a harbor atmosphere and with many hills, we made one stop and we saw the city from the heights, it was a beautiful landscape. Our driver and guides gave the opportunity us to visit the house of the Chilean Poet Pablo Neruda (museum) was something of our interest. Vina del Mar; is clean, very tourist, modern and beautiful city. You cannot let visit this city. We had a pleasant lunch with food of the sea, this company was able to satisfy all our requests, and they do not require money in advance. You can make a report, for the company of the behavior of the driver and guide

Other travelers have occupied this company, their service is very professional and courteous here's a link to see boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

I hope to have been able to help

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Thank you very much. Very detailed. Sounds exactly what we'd like to do.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Thanks for the reply. It was interesting reading the other reviews too.

Argentina
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

We had great days in South America; I hope you feel the same way too.

Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

We also adjustments with Victor Aballai (info@enaturchile.com)

our was a fabulous guide, unfortunately I do not remember his name, speaks Spanish, English and French. He picked up at our hotel in Valparaiso and took us on a tour of beach towns south of this city . Took us to a great local beach of

restaurant for seafood that we probably would not have found on our own. Also went to Pablo Neruda's houses. He also took us on a tour through the back roads to Santiago and dropped us at our hotel. We also hired him the 2nd day and he met us at our htoel in Sanitago and gave us a wine tour and walking tour in Sanitago. We can't say enough good things about him! very friendly and nice and a grat communicator! very flexible and accomodating!

7. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:45 am, October 24, 2013
Antarctica
Level Contributor
464 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Hi, my wife and I have just returned from Chile. We hired the tour/transfer service of Michael Arnold aka "The German Pirate" when we were in the Santiago/Valparaiso area and found his tour guide abilities excellent. He is very honest, personable and knowledgeable. He does tours of the area that are not of the cookie-cutter type and keeps you interested with engaging commentary not found in guidebooks. His tours were highlights of our trip.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

Chile
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend a Tour Guide for a Day Trip?

The vineyard Concha y Toro is located to one hour of Santiago, interesting and the different thing from this vineyard is that it is one of oldest of Chile and your tour guided is most complete. Undoubtedly it is an interesting visit unlike the vineyards that are in the route from Valparaiso to Santiago

In Concha y Toro, the guided visit lasts more than one hour, visiting warehouses and plantations, in the other vineyards are only 15 minutes.

I believe that it is a good view if to your time allows it.