We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

I will be in Santiago for two nights in February at the end of a trip. I have been there before and stayed at the Plaza El Bosque Hotel which was very nice but I was with my husband when we walked to dinner at night. Is that still a good location? I think February will be hot, so if there is a hotel with a good swimming pool that would be great. Thank you!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

I too will be single gal traveling alone and interested to know as well. From what I've read the suggestion from experts here is to stay in Providencia area, is that safe and accessible (public transport, restaurants etc)?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

Providencia is a nice play to stay. Its more of a upmarket residential area. Its actually a very long stretch of road. Use google map to get a feel of it. U can take metro to go downtown. Find a hotel near metro station. Downtown area is Ok too to stay. Santiago is generally a safe place. Try not to be flashy. Personally I prefer to stay near downtown as its walking distance to major attractions such as Plaza des Armas but Providencia has better ambience when it comes to food.

if u are looking for one with swimming pool at Providencia u can check Hotel Santiago Park Plaza. I previously stayed at Torremayor opposite the much grander Park Plaza. The website shows it has swimming pool.

www.parkplaza.cl/en/Facilities/facilities

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
5,737 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

Good alternative is the Lastarria-Bellas Artes area more central and in walking distanceost places.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
9,872 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

Without knowing your budget it is difficult to advise. As Toid mentioned the Lastarria district, check the reviews and website for the Lastarria Boutique Hotel. They have a small pool and 5 minute's walk to plenty of restaurants.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
129 reviews
5. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

Molly, thanks for the rec - looks interesting!

6. Re: Single woman best hotel and area for 2 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 09, 2014