We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Santiago

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Santiago

Hi all. We are a group of 4 couples at the 40s and are going to arrive in Santiago on June 15 and leave on June 19. We know there is a lot of things to do in the city, but as we do not have too much time to spend we would like to know the name of some good restaurants and places to go at night (dance, etc). We also intend to visit Velle Nevado and make a Wine Tour. Is Valle Nevado already good for ski practice? What is the best one day or half day wine tour we can do?

Thanks all

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Santiago

You can find most of the answers to your many questions by doing a search under the green stripe in the search in box.

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Santiago

My Dear,

If I had found the answers to my questions I would not open a new topic.

In my country, places open and close very often so what was a good choice 6 months ago may not be now!

I just want some names, not answers like "there is a lot of restaurants and places to go in Providencia, etc...". This I know!!

I appreciate your tip, but we have a said that says : If you can not be helpfull, at least do not be unpleasent!!

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Santiago

Unfortunately the the most recent experience I can contribute is from Dec 05, however I believe that the following restaurants still exist with the same ownership.

Astrid y Gaston - Providencia (fine dining)

Antonio Bellet 201, Providencia (Metro Pedro de Valdivia)

Aqui esta Coco - Providencia (excellent for seafood)

La Concepción 236, Providencia, 235-8649 (Metro Pedro de Valdivia)

La Huerta - Providencia ( vegetarian but very good even if you are not vegetarian) has a cafe next door which is good for lunch

Confiteria del Torres - Downtown (Oldest restaurant in Santiago, live music weekends

Akanara - Las Condes (fusion cuisine, wide choice , very good)

Reyes Lavalle 3310, Las Condes, 231-9667

Happpening - Las Condes (Steakhouse)

Bar Liguria - Providencia (very casual bistro/bar dining)

Luis Thayer Ojeda, North side Metro Tobalaba exit (in front of Cruz Verde Pharmacy)

4. Re: 4 days in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 12, 2009