We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

Cambridge
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

I am looking at getting the bus from Santiago to Mendoza at the end of December this year.

I have heard about luxury leather seats, upper and lower decks etc. Can anyone tell me how much tickets are (one way), time taken, pick up/drop off points, whether you can book them in advance online (pref English site) and also any idea of the altitude it passes though.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

You will find all the information you need if you put buses Mendoza in the search panel at the top of the page. The pass is at 2800 metres.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

If you want to book online, choose an Argentine company like Andesmar or Cata. You won't be able to book more than a month out. At the end of December the wait at the border controls can be long.

http://digitaljournal.com/article/347735

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

I recommend Andesmar and no others on this route.

www.andesmar.com/shop/default.asp?lang=en

The bigger full reclining seats are on the lower level which means you will not get a great view of the scenery downstairs.

Tickets prices can vary depending on holidays, time of the year, etc. End of December is the beginning of summer vacation for schools. You cannot book online more than 30 days out. Be careful to only choose an Andesmar bus as Andesmar teams with other bus companies.

Pickup points would be

--Valpo/Viña-and Los Andes Chile (only if someone bought a ticket for that location

--Terminal Santiago and Los Andes Chile (only if someone bought a ticket for that location).

Edited: 10:41 am, June 01, 2013
Auckland
Level Contributor
441 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

Hello, after reading this thread we have booked with Andesmar for August for our trip from Santiago to Mendoza, I booked last week and it allowed me to make a booking outside the 30 days. I am just struggling to confirm the correct bus station, if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

Andesmar for Mendoza usually leaves from the Terminal Santiago. The closest metro station is Universidad de Santiago.

http://www.terminaldebusessantiago.cl

Auckland
Level Contributor
441 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

Thanks for the quick rerply. I gather the area around the bus station isnt that great but can you recommend a nearby suburb that would be good to stay? We have visited Santiago a couple of times before but only stayed in Providencia.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

Try the Bellas Artes-Lastarria area.

8. Re: Buses from Santiago to Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santiago