We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Santiago

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Santiago

My original time to be spent at the Santiago airport was to be just over 2 hours, but this flight was canceled. Now I will be in Santiago for about 9 hours. I have a Chilean visa. I'm wondering if there is a 1 day pass for the metro and or buses? I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lan Airlines for making the start of a trip so unpleasant.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Santiago

Look on it as an opportunity! You can buy individual metro tickets or use a smart card - BIP - for both buses and metro. Cost varies by time of day, no day pass. The metro is the easiest to understand and virtually anything you might want to see is on line 1, as well as the airport bus stops. Avoid rush hour.

There are very good walking tours of the center, free + tips. They usually do 2, one at about 10-10.30 and another at 3. So you might be able to do one of these. What sort of time frame do you have?

2. Re: One day in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2014