We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Santiago to mendoza

We are trying to find a bus ticket from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina on Saturday, March 30th (Easter weekend) All the forums we read state to go during the day for the scenery, which we would prefer. The only tickets we can find (Andesmar) leave at 5pm, 11pm or midnight. Do morning tickets not exist any longer or is it due to the holiday weekend? I've tried chatting with customer service and get disconnected. It's difficult to take a bus at 5pm as we will arrive mendoza at midnight and can't check into our hotel. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Mendoza
Mendoza
Province of Mendoza, Argentina
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

There ere no day buses until June. The traffic is running on a one way system, with all traffic from Chile to Argentina going at night, due to road works on the Chilean side. All the buses will leave Santiago after 5 pm.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Thank you so much! You have no idea how helpful this is, :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

I know that Argentina requires proof of payment of the 'reciprocity fee' for American, Aussie, and Canadian citizens upon entry at airports.

There is conflicting info about land crossings. Does anyone have experience in this area? Specifically, have they started to check on the Santiago to Mendoza route?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Yes, to enter Argentina by any means you must show proof that you have paid the reciprocity fee. It must be paid over the internet before hand.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Yes, and the busline checks for payment of the Argentina reciprocity fee (printout or sticky in you passport if entered before) before you enter the bus in Chile for Argentina.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Chile
Chile
South America
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

The conflicting information is because it USED TO be free to enter Argentina by land. No longer.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Thanks for the solid info. Well, that's not the answer I wanted to hear; but your responses will save me the hassle of being unprepared at the 2AM border crossing.

Let us join together and curse the politicians in Washington, Ottawa, Canberra, Buenos Aires, and Santiago for throwing their problems our way.

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Washington
United States
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
283 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

Can anyone tell me what the Andesmar Bus Terminal address is for the bus from Santiago to Mendoza?

We'll be needing to take a cab from our hotel to the station so it would be good to have a street address to tell the driver.

Thanks

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

sorry misread, best for local in Santiag to give detail

Edited: 10:09 pm, March 11, 2013
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Santiago to mendoza

As far as I know all the Andesmar buses for Mendoza leave from the Terminal Santiago on the Alameda, which serves many bus lines. Any taxi driver should know it.

http://www.terminaldebusessantiago.cl

The "andenes" on the map are the bus parking bays.

www.terminaldebusessantiago.cl/index.php…