We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mxy
beijing
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

Can anyone provide a Chilean Travel Agency in Santiago to get LAN Airline Tickets since it will be cheaper than purchasing on line? Thanks......Mxy11

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

Clear cache, clear cookies and try the Chile site directly:

www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_personas/index.html

Why pay a commission and go through a third party if there is no need?

mxy
beijing
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

Thanks for your response. Will LAN online accept American credit cards? Is it best to call LAN in Santiago to reserve 2 seats to Atacama? Will they accept American credit cards? Thanking you in advance......mxy11

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

>>>>> Will LAN online accept American credit cards?

Yes.

>>>>> Is it best to call LAN in Santiago to reserve 2 seats to Atacama?

There is an additional charge for any telephone or at a LAN office booking. They also will not be able to access any online special.

mxy
beijing
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

Thanks for the suggestion. I will call LAN from the U.S. to purchase the tickets. Hopefully, someone will be able to speak English and will accept an American credit card. I tried on line, but no American credit was accepted. I'll let you know how successfully I was. Again, thanks for your assistance...mxy11

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

The Chilean site accepts credit cards. I surmise the problem is you cannot read Spanish. If that is the case, then yes, you have to find a Chile based travel agent to get those lower prices and pay a small commission.

Edited: 5:49 am, January 11, 2013
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

I was able to book the flights from SCL to PUQ at a HUGE discount. US LAN had the tickets for $532 each while Chile LAN had them at $265 each! You will need to know spanish or at least use Google translate to help out. I am fluent so it wasn't a big deal. You will also need your passport information for each passenger.

Good Luck!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
250 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

I'm having a ton of trouble getting the Chilean website to take my U.S. credit card. Not sure what's making my Visa anymore "special" than others and why the site keeps telling me to purchase a ticket at the LAN office. Arg... any suggestions?

8. Re: Chilean Travel Agent for LAN Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Santiago