We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Santiago to Central America

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Santiago to Central America

I'm planning to travel around South & Central America early in 2014 and have been thinking about different options (which are all very open at this stage). Current thinking is visit Patagonia in January/February then fly up to Central America and make my way back down finishing in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup. However, my problem is I'm struggling to find airlines that fly between Santiago and Central America. Another option would be to fly from Buenos Aires. Any advice on flights/airlines would be greatly appreciated.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Santiago to Central America

There should be flights to Panama from here with Copa or a connection somewhere in northern SA like Bogotá. I don't imagine that will be cheap. Combining Central and South America is expensive.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Santiago to Central America

There are various flights everyday.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Santiago to Central America

COPA as mentioned above is the Panamanian airline and has several flights a day with good connections to everywhere in Central and South America.( and the Caribbean)

Those flights are not cheap BUT are a bargain if you have mileage with any Star Alliance airlines ( like Air New Zealand). We get one ways from Puerto Rico to Santiago (every year) for 20,000 and RT for 40,000 and they are very easy to find on United Airlines website.

4. Re: Flights from Santiago to Central America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 24, 2013