We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a seat on Lan Chile Madrid to Santiago

Birmingham
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing a seat on Lan Chile Madrid to Santiago

Excited to be travelling to Chile on Thursday, I stayed up late to pre-select my seat on LA 5703 from Madrid to Santiago. Although I cant check in online, for security reasons, Lan advertise a "Pre-check in" which enables me to make a seat selection. Having spent hours navigating the site, I can find no way to select my seats. I can find many redundant pages, links which dont work and one which randomly sends me to a "Travel Voucher" page. It is a very long time since I have seen such a terrible web site, which is a poor indictment of a national airline. The telecomms set up is even worse (dead ends, redundant IVR options etc) I despair and am too tired to persevere any more! Can anyone tell me how to select my seat on LA 5703, or is this just more misinformation from Lan?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing a seat on Lan Chile Madrid to Santiago

I can't help you, but I would point out that LAN is not the national airline. It is privately owned and iis the largest airline in South America and operates in Argentina, Colombia, Brazil and Peru.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing a seat on Lan Chile Madrid to Santiago

Thanks for the information.

I am very excited about coming to Chile and whatever seat I end up in on the plane is academic really, compared to the thrill of the experience that awaits me!

Best regards

Edited: 11:06 am, October 31, 2012
3. Re: Choosing a seat on Lan Chile Madrid to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 22, 2013