We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a city tour

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a city tour

Traveling to Santiago in mid November and suffering from overload of info on City Tours, can anyone recommend a reputable one that I can book in advance which will cater for all the usual 'must see' sites in Santiago. Thanks in advance.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a city tour

The hop on-hop off bus would be a good option.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
98 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a city tour

We did all three Spicy Chile tours and it was a great way to get familiar with the layout of the city and notice places you'd like to go back to after the tour. How well these tours do depends on your guide but we were lucky to have three good ones.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a city tour

We did the Santiago free walking tour and would highly recommend. Our guide was Phillipe - he was engaging, smart and really entertaining. It was a great way to see the main sights in a couple of hours and he suggested places along the way to go back to after the tour. Check out the TA reviews :

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294305…

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a city tour

Thanks for your reply, I had read some where that there could be a delay in them collecting you, did you have this experience? This sounds like a good option but do they give you information about the stops prior to you getting off?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a city tour

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear of someone who has experienced them and their CIty Tour sounds good.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a city tour

Thanks for the reply, do you think that this tour would be OK for someone with limited fitness due to recent surgery? Do they give you plenty of time to recharge your energy or is it non stop?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
98 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a city tour

With Spicy Chile, you meet the guide at a specific time at a designated place according to which tour you choose. The tours do make stops and are not strenuous at all.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,197 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a city tour

The Free Santiago Tour goes at a reasonable pace and there is a stop for refreshment, as well as the usual stops to look at things. You can, of course, leave the tour at any time you wish. That is the advantage of this type of tour. I have done it with a wonky hip and it wasn't too much for me.

You could always get the Turistik hop on/hop off bus. I did that a couple of years ago. I think it took about 2-2.5 hours to do the full loop without getting off as it goes into the suburbs a bit. I think the guide part of it is not as good as the walking tour but it does cover more of the city and you can sit down!

http://www.turistik.cl/?lang=en

Santiago de Chile
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a city tour

If you want to do something more personalized I recommend a local tour guide with Van called Leonardo Cuzmar who made a TV program documentary for GETAWAY with TV host ONI DINGO and was so delightful..

His e-mail is guideschile@gmail.com

10. Re: Recommend a city tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 24, 2013