We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I find mapuche silver

virginia
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I find mapuche silver

I'll be travelling as far south to Lake District and then on to Isla Chiloe. Can anyone tell me where I can find nice mapuche, good quality. Thank you. Eleana

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I find mapuche silver

Your best bet is in Santiago. Try the Feria de Artesania Los Dominicos. Alternatively any good antique store.

Edited: 10:41 pm, October 11, 2012
Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I find mapuche silver

Artesanias de Chile has some, but you have to ask for them to show you sometimes as it's not cheap and not always on display

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I find mapuche silver

The best place for quality/cost/availability ratio is the artesania market in Temuco. A lot of mapuches producer live in this region and they bring their product to this market. Sometimes you can find more economic jewels in other places, or sometimes better shapes, but the Temuco's market is where you can find the wider choice.

In Los Dominicos (Santiago) the prices are much higher than in Temuco. But I think it worth a visit because you can find for sure different mapuche (or "mapuche style") jewels .

Bye

Riccardo

virginia
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I find mapuche silver

Thanks Ricardo. I will stop at Temuco. Do you know when is the market open in Temuco. Eleana

5. Re: Where do I find mapuche silver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 15, 2013