We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out in Santiago

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, California...
5 posts
Save Topic
Night out in Santiago

Hi! I will be in Santiago for business and will have only one night(either Monday or Wednesday night) to go out. Can anyone recommend what to do or where to go? I'm not looking for anything crazy. Mellow night of beer/wine and people watching would be great. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night out in Santiago

Baco on Nueva de Lyon in Providencia for really good wine by the glass and some nice food. Book a downstairs table (upstairs is not so good) for people watching or on the back terrace.

tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d97…

Liguria but the one on Luis Thayer Ojeda in Providencia. I don't think they take reservations. You can sit at a table or hang around the bar.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d7…

Monday will be quieter than Wednesday.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night out in Santiago

Take a taxi to the Bellavista area. Although it is a bit more busy than you probably would want you can walk around, decide for yourself which (out of the many) restaurants to go to and people watch as much as you want.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night out in Santiago

Another alternative would be Lastarria. A little quieter than Bellavista, but lots of choice for people watching.

Irvine, California...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night out in Santiago

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt hotel. Is that in a good/central location for going out? Can I walk? Is it safe to walk around at night? Or should I stick to taxis?

Irvine, California...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night out in Santiago

Also, I would like to bring a couple of bottles of wine back to the States? Do you know if this is allowed?

6. Re: Night out in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Santiago