We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close to Santiago in 1 day?

pct
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Close to Santiago in 1 day?

On business in Santiago will have only 1 day for visiting. Enough time to go up the mountain? Which place? Atound May 20, already too cold?

Or should I better go to the sea and/or visit vineyards?

If anyone can help would be very much appreciated

Chile
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Close to Santiago in 1 day?

You have the luck that in Santiago the mountain and the beach, are near. You can rent a car by a day. To one hour you can are in the mountain.(Valle Nevado). From Valle Nevado you arrive at Kennedy Av. in 45 minute, and soon the “Costanera Norte”, this way arrives very fast, to the Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. In the route you can visit a vineyard (Indomita , Viña Mar or Veramonte)

The time from Santiago to Valparaiso is 1.30 hours of trip

If you do not wish to rent a car, can do it by means of a serious company, is more sure. I can recommend enaturchile, they are specialize in private tour. This can be a long day but, you will have the adventure to see the mountain and the sea the same day.

Excuse my frightful English

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Close to Santiago in 1 day?

pct, I would remain flexible about where to go. A day trip to Valparaiso is fun but not if it is raining heavily. You can combine it with a visit to a vineyard in the Casablanca valley on the way. A day trip to the Cajon del Maipo will bring you closer to the Andes. If your free day is at the end of your stay, you will have time to book a tour when you arrive either through your hotel or independently. Other agencies which do good tours are:

http://www.santiagoadventures.com/

http://www.turistour.com/excursiones.php

Look at a couple of websites and see what is offered.

pct
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close to Santiago in 1 day?

many thanks to both of you. I will decide once there, according to the weather