We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago Airport - Taxi Oficial

Southern USA
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Santiago Airport - Taxi Oficial

After I have prepaid with Taxi Official, where will I go to find the taxi? Will the personnel at the prepay booth speak english?

Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Santiago Airport - Taxi Oficial

@Toid

The company is called "Taxi Oficial" which means literally "official taxi" and they are the only taxi company authorized to operate in the Santiago airport, therefore they are the official airport taxis.

@Gerald R

To get a taxi to any part of Santiago or to Valparaiso you must go to one of the counters of Taxi Oficial in the arrivals section (there is one right after customs and another one in the waiting area). They prices for the different destinations are clearly advertised in Chilean pesos and US dollars. You can also ask for a quotation or reserve online:

http://www.taxioficial.cl

Please, do not use any other taxi offered to you in the airport. Those taxis are not authorized to operate in the airport and there are numerous reports of the drivers ripping off foreign passengers.

If you have time, there is a much cheaper way to go Valparaiso by bus.

@chrisrfm

I'm really sorry for you bad experience. No city is free from crime, especially no big city. I wished the Chilean people you were in contact with during your stay had warned you about the necessary precautions and the areas to avoid. It's certainly what I would do.

12. Re: Santiago Airport - Taxi Oficial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 29, 2014