We are staying at the Novatel Hotel on March 16. Heard it was in a nice neighborhood. Would would love to share the cost of a taxi or van depending on how many people we can get. Lets save some money! Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We are going on Queen Victoria from Valparaiso on Feb 9th 2014. we are flying to Santiago from orlando and staying overnight. Does anyone want to shar taxi from Santago to Valpraiso? Paula
for those on 3/17/2013 X infinity cruise, you can head to cruisecritic 'roll call' to find shared transportation from Santiago to Valpo. It is a very active roll call. Or I will be using shared van service from Ruta Chile (I am not affiliated with them).
would anyone be interested in sharing transportation from Santiago to Valparaiso to join Celebrity Infinity on 16 March 2014? We are two seniors. We will be arriving probably in Santiago a few days earlier (not yet booked) to have a look n see trip or two. I haven't booked yet but wanted to test the water with a view to sharing taxi ??
Not sure how senior you are. My husband and I (65 and 61) did the same trip last month. We took a taxi to Santiago bus station where the very comfortable buses leave about every 15 minutes. Bought our tickets with ease $7 each - and arrived in Valparaiso where we put our stuff in left luggage which is either a very short taxi drive away from the ship or an easy walk from the ships terminal. It was very safe and completely painless. Don't fall for the offers of tours round Santiago and on to Val as there isn't time. What we did, which was great, was to get the early bus out of Santiago and arrive in time for the free walking tour which begins in the town centre at 10 am. Well worth it. Run by a great American chap. Very interesting. If you wan tmore details on this I can respond back via trip advisor.
Did you take the taxi from the airport to the santiago bus station? If so, what did the taxi cost?
Do you remember about how long the taxi ride from the airport to the bus station was?
Thanks, in advance
appreciate your advice. we have a party of 6 adults, not very adventurous thinking to follow your advice. Please give us more detailed information regarding the names of the bus station, the bus and time from the bus station to the Valparaiso. Is this a direct line without having changing buses on the way? Thanks.
We are planning the same cruise this January. How were the ports? Were there interesting things to see? Was there somehting that is a must see or should skip something?
Thank you in advance!
My husband and I will take a Holland America cruise on Nov 30, 2013. We will be arrived on Nov 29 in Santiago. Would like to share the ride with another 2 people on the following tour:
- Pick up from SCL airport to the hotel in Santiago Centro.
- Half day city tour in Santiago on Nov 29.
- On Nov 30, Hotel pick up and transfer to cruise terminal in Valparaiso. This transfer will included the tour to Vina De Mar and the city tour of Valparaiso.
If you are interested, please let me know.
For those going to Valparaíso from Santiago airport there is a very inexpensive option:
1) Take a TUR BUS bus at the airport. It cost about USD $3.00 per person. It's a large busso it has plenty of room for your lugage.
2) The bus takes you to the TUR BUS bus station where you can take a bus to Valparaíso (about USD $8.00 per person) You only have to walk a few meters from one bus to another, all this inside the bus station.
3) When you arrive to Valparaíso you can get a taxi to the port. I don't know how much that will cost but I imagine it shouldn't be more than USD $10-12 for the trip.