We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

Waco, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

We will be taking a cruise from Valparaiso, Chile in March of 2012, and are flying into Santiago a couple of days early to sightsee. What is the best way to get from Santiago to Valparaiso with luggage?

264 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

Yes, we're going on the same cruise. This was a last minute decision and now I'm trying to figure out a hotel in Santiago and transportation to Valparaiso to the ship. What have you planned?

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

Hi Peter C,

Yes we are going on the same cruise, Celebrity, March 17th, 2013 from Valparaiso. I'm looking around for hotels in Santiago for a day and transportation from Santiago to the Valparaiso port. What have you decided to do?

Stroud, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

My Dad and I are cruising Celebrity from Valparaiso Mar. 17 and plan to spend a night in Santiago. Anyone who'd like to share a ride to the ship, do get in touch.

Stroud, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

Hiya. My Dad and I are also on your cruise, 17th Mar on Celebrity.

Do you have anything booked yet? We are staying in Santiago on the 16th and am thinking of getting a small group tour going for the 17th that can drop us off at the ship in Valparasio.

Alan

bingukusa@gmail.com

newyork
5 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

yes we 2 person also ,we are staying intiwasi hotel.

are you interested in sharing ride to cruise terminal from santiago?

newyork
5 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

yes we are interested in ride to cruise term

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

We are doing the same cruise and also arrive in Santiago a few days earlier. Do you want to share transport to the port? We'd like to leave early on the morning of the 18th to give us a chance to see Valparaiso before going to the ship. We cd meet up in Santiago. Where are you flying in from? We are from the UK and arrive early on March 17th. Can't face lugging suitcase on a bus however good they are!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

I have recently travelled from Sanitago to Valparaiso and then my cruise ship.I took a TurBus form the main bus station for 8 dollars.They run about every 20 mins and take under 2 hours to Valparaiso. A very comfortable bus with AC. From the bus station to the cruise ship it is less than 5 mins in a taxi. The taxi cost 6 dollars--maybe I should have got that cheaper?

Out of interest on arrival at Santiago Airport I took the TRANSVIP mini bus from the airport to my hotel in the city. Get your ticket inside the airport for 10 dollars. They are only 7 seater and very quick and efficient.

Of course if you want a tour other thiigs are available but the official city tours are very good. they also do a tour/Valparaiso transfer.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

Hi what date does your cruise depart? We are on ss veendam leaving on the 18th March.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile

We are going on Infinity Mar 17. Would love to share a ride from Santiago to Valparaiso

Reply to: Transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, Chile
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted