We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Would appreciate help on getting in contact with Vilafranca B&B via e-mail. Does anyone know their address / website? Also, are they located in a convenient part of Providencia? I read about this place to stay via a fellow forum member but it didn't have thier details on how to get in contact. Thankyou

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

This is the Vilafranca B&B. http://www.vilafranca.cl/

It is quite unique in Santiago and I visited it personally to check it out for someone. Below is what I said:

It fronts directly onto a small side street in Providencia and is part of continuous frontage houses which are now mainly upmarket offices. It is two blocks from Avenida Providencia, down Padre Mariano (one of the nice, tree lined side streets) and then left and there it is. It would be another block to the metro station on Pedro de Valdivia. Every bus in the city goes by on Av. Providencia. Padre Mariano has two little coffee places, I know Le Cigale, a mini-market and a hairdresser, otherwise it is a mix of offices and residential buildings.

I was admitted by an impeccably uniformed maid, pale grey and a lace trimmed apron, who was cleaning. The Señora was not there. If you look at the pictures on the website, that is exactly what it looks

like. There is a ferny patio at the back with some tables and chairs,

a living room/dining room (where breakfast is served). a small

hallway with a desk and computer. I was shown two rooms as they were cleaning them (not before giving my name and telephone number). They were charming. The ones on the back looked onto the patio. The single I was shown had a double bed and I am not sure if that was one of the large or small singles. The bathrooms were all new and very nice.

Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Dear Dancing Molly,

Thankyou so much for your help. Very much appreciated!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Hi Three People. Did you end up staying at Vilafranca? Wld be interested in your experience. Seems like area is equivalent of inner city Sydney/Melbourne? Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

I just returned from Chile and stayed at Vilafranca. It was fantastic. It's a good value at $55 USD per night and the owners are extremely accomodating. They helped us arrange our activities and were helpful with suggestions. The common areas are lovely and have a nice homey feel to them. I highly recommend staying here.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Would like to stay at Vilafranca, Are the beds Queen or King sized beds?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Outside of large international chain hotels (Hyatt, Sheraton etc) you would be unlikely to find king sized beds in Chile. The Vilafranca is a small B&B. Email the owner to find out about the beds.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Yes, we found, in fact, that the beds were double not queen or two twins when we stayed in the out of the way places. I

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

After listening to my great enthusiasm about our trip to Chile and Argentina last year, my parents have decided to go.

I have a similar query to that of "oldfriends". I've been trying to book two rooms for my parents and another couple at vilafranca and the rooms are described as being either a suite with two single beds, or a standard room with a double bed. An email to the B&B asking for clarification as to whether the bed is a double, king or queen was responded to by the owner but did not answer the question. It merely repeated the above information.

I also asked the terms and conditions for payment, cancellation policy etc but the response to that, was just that credit card details were needed in order to book the room.

The owner has been very prompt in her responses so I believe she means well but perhaps is not understanding my queries. Unfortunately, my Spanish is not as good as her English which means I may never get the answers I am looking for.

Wouldn't mind knowing also what distinguishes a suite from a standard room. Can anyone post these questions in Spanish for me so that I can email them back to the B&B?

Fortunately my Spanish comprehension is a little better than my speaking.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Explorable, I saw the beds in two of the rooms and there are no king beds. A double bed here is just that, a plain old double bed.

You want to ask:

¿Todos los cuartos tienen baño propio?

Do all the rooms have a private bathroom?

¿Si entiendo bien, los cuartos tienen o dos camas gemelas o una cama doble?

If I understand correctly, the rooms either have twin beds or a double bed?

¿Hay alguna diferencia entre un cuarto standard y un suite?

Is there any difference between a standard room and a suite?

¿Solamente se necesita los detalles de la tarjeta de credito para reservar?

Are the credit card details suficient to make a booking?

¿Tiene algún cobro por cancelación? ¿Con cuanto aviso acepta una cancelación?

Do you have a cancellation charge? How much notice of cancellation do you allow?

Good luck. I don't suppose you have the upside down question marks on your keyboard, but they are not vital.

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilafranca Bed & Breakfast

Hi Molly,

How are you?

Thanks so much for all that. It was on the strength of your recommendation that I suggested the place to my parents. Is it quiet there ( as far as traffic noise is concerned and getting a good night's sleep)?

I'm also trying to place the immediate area. Is it in the vicinity of the walkway across the river between the San Cristobal/Sheraton and Providencia? If so I remember having lunch at very nice vegetarian restaurant in the area the name of which escapes me.

Anyway I am going to get to it immediately and cut and paste your mini phrase book into an email to the B&B and hope for a positive response.

Thanks again for taking the time