We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of the Plaza de Armas

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Review of the Plaza de Armas

The review I submitted of the Plaza de Armas is now up. Along with the review are 11 photos.

I am working on a review of the Mercado Central as my next review to be posted in a few days.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294305-d3…

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of the Plaza de Armas

Excellent, Reina! It is one of my favourite places in Santiago too.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of the Plaza de Armas

DM

I could just sit on a bench and people watch for hours or better, yet, sit at a sadewalk café having an ice cream or pisco sour.

What I like it that you see local people who have come to watch the entertainment and shop with their families. We saw some tourists but the majority were Chileans. You can see this if you look at the crowd in my photo of the folkloric dancers.

I just looked at the photos and realized I could have mentioned that the Metro subway has an entrance at the Plaza. It is clearly evident in one of the photos with my husband standing next to it. I didn't think of it since we always stay in the area and walk to the Plaza.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of the Plaza de Armas

Excellent review & photos, Reina! The Plaza will definitely be on my Santiago itinerary!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of the Plaza de Armas

DT

I'm sure you will love it. It is similar to Buenos Aires but a little more subdued. You don't get the same rushed air from the people as they go about their daily routine. They also tend to be quieter. I don't remember any of the restaurants being so noisy as the ones in BA. They have a good time but at a few decibels lower volume.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of the Plaza de Armas

A photo I submitted a long time ago is up. I shows a beautiful door in one of the buildings along one of the pedestrian walkways.

http://tinyurl.com/nynfw