We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

My wife was in Santiago Chile for over two weeks on business recently, and I chose to tag along, using her free evenings and weekends for exploration. Having been to Santiago myself for business several years ago, I thought I 'knew the ropes' --- boy has the city changed! Fortunately, we received a recommendation from our local hotel for an excellent guide service, 'Guides Chile' at guideschile@gmail.com. Our excellent guide, Leonardo, took us on a personalized tour of the region including Valparaiso, Vina del Mar, and the Aconcagua wine region. He knew many of the excellent vintners personally, and we received a warm and generous welcome at two of our personal favorite vineyards, Errazuriz and Von Siebenthal, where we got to chat for an hour with Mr. Siebenthal personally. Can't say enough about this guy or his company, very flexible, fluently bi-lingual, and brings a real love of his city and country to his work.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

Could you give some indication of timings and cost, please.

Do you think he would combine a tour with a transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

Is there a website for the Guides Chile?

Santiago
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

I dont have web site, only by word of mouth

Santiago
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

contact to GuideChile@gmail.com by e-mail he will give you all the detalles

Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

We hired Lenoardo of Guides Chile to drive us personally in his car for an entire day (wound up being over 10 hours) for around $300-$350 US as I recall. He took my wife and I in his very comfortable late model car from our hotel in Santiago, through the wine country down to Valparaiso, up the beautiful coast and over to Vina del Mar, then a nice LONG stop at two world class wineries in the Rio Aconcagua region, Errazuriz and Von Siebenthal. Both winires are first class with expansive, beautiful tasting rooms. The insight and information on our trip was detailed, first rate, and personally tailored to our interests in the history of the region as well as the, current cultural, political events in Chile as we drove through the beautiful wine region countryside and toured Valparaiso. As for your tour question regarding transfers, I would suggest you contact Leonardo, but we found him to be extremely flexible, and very witty. The tour was worth every penny! I believe you can reach him at guideschile@gmail.com. Please let me know if I can give you any other information.

Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

Sorry, DancingMolly but I believe contact is through e-mail only. Please message me if you need more details, but Guides Chile is a perfect way to go if you want a short, or lengthy trip tailored to your specific interests. If you've not been to Santiago or the surrounding region, you will love it. I'm fluent enough in Spanish to get around quite handily in SA, but having a guide like Leo always adds another whole layer of understanding to what you are seeing and experiencing. We like to explore on our own, but there are times when a tour guide adds so much to the experience, and Leonardo was simply one of the very best we've ever found in our travels throughout the world. We are planning a ski trip to Santiago in the future with some friends, and we will be adding at least a day or two to our trip so Leo can show them (and ourselves) even more of the city and region. Have fun, it's the best city in SA, in my humble opinion!

Calgary Alberta
1 post
7. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

I was on a wine tour when the earth quake happened (our first night there)...Crazy.

Leo was our tour guide and was amazing. I am so thankful for such an amazing trip (considering what happened). I know when I go back, I will hire him in a heartbeat. Extemely professional and hospitable.

His warmth and passion for his business will help him excle in all aspects of his business.

I would reccommend him for any tours of Chile.

Thank you

Cheers,

Laura

Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
23 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

LAURACCalgary, you did a better job of putting Leo's skills into words than I did. Glad to hear you had a good time in Santiago, in spite of that 'temblor'. Did you get out to the wine country?

Edited: 11:08 am, April 13, 2010
9. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:12 am, September 28, 2010
Santiago
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Excellent Personalized Guide Service Received in Santiago

Cristian dont forget you are unreliable, I dont know you ! and you are not part of my team