We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valparaiso To Santiago

Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Valparaiso To Santiago

I'll be arriving on Star Princess on March 2, 2009 and would like some info on point to point transfers from Valparaiso pier to to Radisson hotel in Santiago. I've been quoted $277 U.S. which I think is too expensive. We are three and do not require tours or an English speaking driver. Would appreciate any ideas other than taking public bus at bus station.

Sousas Tour
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Uncorked Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Central Valley Tours
Cultural Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours
VH Chile Tour
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valparaiso To Santiago

Well, there are many options:

1) Contact your hotel and check how many is their transportation

2) Book a tour, it will be plus but you will see more things, they are many in spanish.

3) Take a taxi to a rental car office, drive to your hotel, is incredible the highways they are like in the U.S.

I think you are a member of Cruise Critic, well there you can ask. And check my blog for all the things I do in each port: http://celebrityinfinity.blogspot.com/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valparaiso To Santiago

I recommend you contact Bus Service (www.busservice.cl) They offer private transfer services from the cruise terminal to Santiago, and it should be cheaper if you don't require a tour.

The $277 rate is about right when using the services of a bilingual guide and driver. But you can shave off about $80 without the guide.

I've sent you Bus Service's general manager's email via private message.

All the best

3. Re: Valparaiso To Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 11, 2009