We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one week in Chile

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
one week in Chile

We ( son, daughter and I)are planning to be in Chile for the first week in December.

We will arrive on Sunday morning Dec. 1and leave the following Sunday night.

We'd like to spend a few days visiting outside of Santiago. We are thinking of going to La Serena for a few days, or going to Temuco to experience the Mapuche culture.

Any suggestions as to which would be a better use of only 3 days?

Also, are there frequent flights to La Serena and Temuco? How much should be expect to pay for the flights from Santiago?

also, any suggestions for hotels in La Serena or Temuco?

Does this sound like a good plan to you experts?

This forum was a great source of information when I traveled last year. I am open to suggestions.

thanks in advance!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one week in Chile

Either alternative is reasonable. The weather will be better in La Serena and the Elqui Valley. A good hotel in Temuco is the Frontera (www.hotelfrontera.cl). In La Serena Hotel mar de Ensueño (www.marensueno.com).

Fares vary tremendously depending one the day and flight. For example LANs site quotes 60 to 150 dollars for a return to la Serena.

2. Re: one week in Chile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:28 am, September 10, 2009