We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel ???

Blackpool
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
18 helpful votes
Which hotel ???

I am in a dilemma deciding where to stay for 2 nights next March

We are not fond of big hotels but prefer smaller boutique hotels as they are always warm and welcoming with a more personal touch

I have found one on Orrego Luco (Le Reve Boutique hotel) in the Providencia region and another on Eduardo Hyatt (Casa Sur) which is very close to Barrio Italia

Can anyone please enlighten me which one might be in the better area for getting around on foot to explore Santiago

Thank you for your help

3 replies to this topic
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
7,442 posts
15 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Which hotel ???

Niether are well located for getting around on foot. Choose a hotel, such as the Andes, in the Bellavista area.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
31 reviews
117 helpful votes
2. Re: Which hotel ???

Of the two, Le Reve would be my choice. Good for restaurants and metro transport to other parts of the city. But it is in Providencia and not near the historic centre of the city if that is where you want to explore on foot. It would be 4-5 stops on the metro to get you there from Providencia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,941 posts
88 reviews
104 helpful votes
3. Re: Which hotel ???

I agree there's a good selection of restaurants near La Reve. Have you looked at Hotel Magnolia if you want to be more central?

Reply to: Which hotel ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted