We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Mont to Coyhaique and back

Which Puerto Montt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Mont to Coyhaique and back

I am planning to Northern Patagonia. In an ideal world I would like to take a ferry from Puerto Montt to Coyhaique(Chacbuca) and the rent a vehicle and take the Carretera Austral north to Chaiten, cross to Chiloe per ferry and on to Puerto Montt where I would then like to drop the vehicle. My questions are, if it could work, if one way rental of vehicles is possible and where to get a schedule of ferries(the web sites are very uninformative). Anybody out there that have answers?

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Mont to Coyhaique and back

try www.el-kartel.com

there are also flexible options that does not appear on the web site.

santiago
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Mont to Coyhaique and back

I am afraid that a one way drop off is no possible, or if it is the charge can be excessive, ask anyway to

varona.cl

traeger.cl

may be an alternative can be to rent in Puerto Montt, do Chiloe, cross by ferry to Chaiten, do Carretera Austral until Coyhaique and return by ferry or by Argentina

ferries are two

navimag.cl that do a direct trip Chacabuco_Puerto Montt and

navieraustral. cl that do a web of local legs along Chacabuco to Puerto, very colorful. I recommend the leg Chacabuco-Quellon but in Don Baldo Ferry (more confy)

theirs websites are very crappy, better phone, they have (sometimes) english fluent personnel, I strongly advise a previous reservation in summer

3. Re: Puerto Mont to Coyhaique and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 05, 2013