We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

usa
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

Is it easy to get to these spots using public transportation in late Sep/early Oct? Or am I better off taking a tour? I plan to base myself at Puerto Varas

Thanks

santiago
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

not clear about Laguna Verde from Puerto Montt??? , is Laguna Verde near Valparaiso? if yes, public transport from Valparaiso (buses and shared taxis (colectivos))

about Todos los Santos lake, you have daily buses to Peulla from bus station of Puerto Montt, also there are cheap tours to this lake also including visits to Petrohue Falls and other spots. I think is worth to take a bus or a tour to the ski resort of Volcan Osorno. all this info can be updated in the same hostel/hotel where you will stay

usa
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

fernando46 - thanks for the info on Todos los Santos. Maybe "laguna Verde" is known by different names -- I read from this tour description below

"Picking you up from your hotel in Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas, head out along scenic Route 225 toward the cities of Ensenada and Petrohué. We will show you all the top sights of the region and introduce you to the people who call it home.

The beautiful ecosystem at the mouth of the Pescado River will catch your attention. These plentiful waters have made the river famous in the sport fishing community. Continuing along to Ensenada, we will visit enchanting Laguna Verde, Spanish for “Green Lagoon,” at the foot of Osorno Volcano within Vicente Perez Rosales National Park. The conical Volcano, soaring steeply overhead, has an appearance resembling Mount Fuji outside Tokyo, Japan.

Then travel through the forest to beautiful Petrohué Falls. A short, easy walk will have you standing before the chute-type, icy cold, blue green falls. You’ll also have time to relax and enjoy the source of the falls, beautiful Todos los Santos Lake (Also known as Lake Esmeralda) with great views of Osorno Volcano behind"

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,545 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

Emerald Lake is a name coined by travel operators in the region for Lake Todos los Santos.. I also found it totally confusing when I first heard it .The only Laguna Verde I know is the one near Valparaíso and the one in the Atacama. I don't know if Laguna Verde and Lake Esmeralda are meant to be the same place? Anyway, it sounds like the typical tour to the Petrohue falls, which is a very nice outing.

4. Re: Easy way to Laguna Verde and Todos los Santos Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, July 29, 2013