We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Which Puerto Montt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Planning a trip for Jan 2012 is there more than one ferry? If so which one do you recommend. we only need it one way.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

The lakes crossing is run as a tour by one consortium.

http://www.cruceandino.com/

There are several bus companies which do the road trip to/from Bariloche from Chile. This is not the same as above but just a bus journey, although very scenic.

Ventura, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

I went to the site the price is round trip. Do you know the price for one way?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

There seems to be some sort of problem with their website. The trip costs about US$230 one way. I believe what shows on the website is a special fare which they had for Chileans and Argentines who used the route when the road was closed by the volcanic ash. But at the moment I can't properly access the website. The trip can be sold by travel agents and you could use the search option to look at some past posts and see if any are mentioned.

4. Re: Is there only one ferry/bus from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 22, 2013