We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus availability from Santiago to Pucon in February??

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Bus availability from Santiago to Pucon in February??

I just booked my flight from NYC to Santiago. I fly in Feb 14 and leave the 24. I really want to get down to Pucon climb the volcano, go hiking, etc. I understand that February is peak season and am worried I will not be able to book an overnight Turbus from Santiago to Pucon because I cannot book in advance from the US. I only booked a hotel for a few nights in Santiago and I don't want to be stuck with no hotel reservation in case I am unable to get a bus. What is the likelihood of this happening? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,147 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus availability from Santiago to Pucon in February??

I should have saved that. TA had a moment and I lost my post. Bah. Alright, most people take their holiday for a fortnight, so the buses are more crowded at the first and fifteenth of the month. Friday buses are more booked up than mid-week buses. Turbus is not the only company which goes to Pucón. Pullman is in the same terminal, Terminal Alameda. Across the side street is Terminal Santiago with other companies. JAC goes to Pucón too. Just make sure you know where you are getting the bus as some companies have two or more departure points.

The hotel in Santiago should not be a problem as there are no conferences at that time of year and that is what books up hotels. Santiago is quite empty compared to other times of year. You will want to book your lodging in Pucón, which gets very crowded in February.

Edited: 5:17 pm, December 09, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus availability from Santiago to Pucon in February??

If you can't find a bus to Pucon, any bus to Temuco is OK too. There are frequent local busses Temuco Pucon with JAC.

Mentioned in this post
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
3. Re: Bus availability from Santiago to Pucon in February??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 12, 2014