We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pucon by bus

Which Pucon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pucon by bus

I am planning my trip during the high season in December. I want to take advantage of the bus system (I read that it is a good value) getting around the Lakes District.

Should I book in advance?

My itinerary is: Puerto Montt - Pucon (stay for a few days) - Temuco (catch flight back to Santiago).

Please advise on web sites to book reservations and any other relevant tips.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pucon by bus

December is not yet that crowded and you should be able to book your buses a couple of days in advance for long distance buses. There are many bus lines doing the routes from Santiago to the south and back and many smaller companies moving between destinations there. Many of them do not have websites. JAC goes most places in the area with several buses a day and does have a website:

http://www.jac.cl/pasajeros.htm

You cannot book buses online in Chile with a foreign issued credit card. For shorter distances, Puerto Montt to Pucon for instance, people just buy the ticket at the bus station a day before or even the same day.

2. Re: Pucon by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, March 17, 2010