We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

Chicago
Level Contributor
154 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a car for 1-2 days while in Puerto Varas to go around the lake. My hostal sent me a link to all the car rental companies but no recommendation on a specific one to use.

interpatagonia.com/puertovaras/car-rental.ht…

Any recommendation on which company to use and not use?

Thanks!

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

I live here

and I would start with

Europcar

as a larger international style company

but you'll also be in good hands with local company Dresden

they have mostly new cars.

Chicago
Level Contributor
154 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

Thank you! Have you heard good or bad things about Compass del Sur or Tierra Outdoors?

New Paltz, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

I would definitely recommend Tierra Outdoors. Making the reservation was easy as the agency was first to respond to my quote request almost immediately as I sent it. It was really nice to have someone who was local and could offer me a car that suited my needs given the local conditions. What was even nicer was that the gentleman who owned the company, Francisco, also had command of the English language so communication was not a problem. He even offered advice on the best places for Gas, local driving laws and tidbits of getting around the area. He even had good suggestions on nice restaurants.

The car I rented was trouble free with no mechanical or problems otherwise. The car was clean, modern and in new condition. The prices were as competitive as any other rental agency in the area.

The agency was more than honest and did not try to take advantage of the out of towner. All in all it was a very pleasant rental experience

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

I've spoken with the owner of Tierra del Fuego (though I haven't rented from him) and he also seemed a very straight person.

I've also seen that Cabanas Dresden has some good cars for rent and they renew them frequently

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

On our visit to Puerto Varas rented a car to Tierra Outdoors Company. They have very good prices, good attention and very helpful, located in the center of Puerto Varas and deliver the car to your hotel.

6. Re: Car Rental Company in Puerto Varas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 27, 2014