We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United car rental ..help

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
United car rental ..help

dancingmolly .. have you heard of this car rental company? am planning on using them for 3 days.. seem reasonable. I assume they are more of a local company. thanks for input.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United car rental ..help

Sorry, I know nothing about car rental at all. I think Toid has named a couple of companies previously.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United car rental ..help

I have no personal experience with United. However, they seem to be a respectable company and are located in a high rent area. I have used and can recommend Costanera Rent a Car (www.costanerarent.)

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United car rental ..help

thank you both I will check out the other company as well. Sometimes it's nice to just know that a company actually exists other than in cyberspace!

Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United car rental ..help

Toid - Do you know if we would have any difficulty driving the car into Argentine for 3 nights while in the Lake District?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United car rental ..help

Pam

United has info on thier website for taking cars into Argentina.. info about permits etc..so it should be possible. They are at

www.united-chile.com. I haven't used them yet but they responded quickly and they seem reasonable.

traveller47

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United car rental ..help

thanks for the heads up Treveller47.. I just wrote them an email..

I think Puerto Montt is just over 500 miles from Santiago.. so maybe I'll drop them the car in some other city and just take a bus/taxi from there to the airport!.. haha.. save $45...

$150 in drop charges is ENOUGH!.. KRIKEY!

7. Re: United car rental ..help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 22, 2009