We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will Chile's reciprocity fee end for US citizens?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
When will Chile's reciprocity fee end for US citizens?

Hi TA,

I recently learned that Chile was officially admitted to the US Visa Waiver Program effective May 1, 2014 meaning Chileans and Americans can visit one another's country with less barriers. Does anyone know when the reciprocity fee will end for US citizens entering SCL? I'm asking because I'm heading to Chile on May 18 and would be happy to keep my $160 :) many thanks in advance!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,678 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will Chile's reciprocity fee end for US citizens?

It has already gone. You won't have to pay any fee, just go straight to passport control. Now you can spend that US$160 on better things.

2. Re: When will Chile's reciprocity fee end for US citizens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 04, 2015