We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

My travel agent has recommended LAN Airlines for our flights around South America but I note that Sky is a discount airline.

Are they reliable with their flight departure times, do they cancel flights and are they known to have a good safety record?

Don't care about food service, entertainment etc if it means I am going to save heaps. Sky prices on the routes I am looking at are nearly half price to LAN.

Thanks

Pam

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

Sky is both reliable and safe.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

SKY usually has lower fares than LAN but it is a full service airline, not a low cost carrier. As said, perfectly safe.

santiago
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

LAn has a particular policy to charge heavily one way tickets, try a return ticket fare to your destiny, dismissing the return leg (choose a far date, p.e. 2 months ahead) .I bet that will be cheaper than one way and roughly similar to Sky

4. Re: Are Sky Airlines reliable and safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 14, 2013