We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ten days in Santiago

virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
Ten days in Santiago

I will be traveling to Santiago Chile with my husband in late September. He is going on business and will be occupied all day each day except the week-end. I will be left to my own devices during the week days and would appreciate some suggestions on transportation, what to do and where to go on my own. Thanks.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ten days in Santiago

It depends on where you are staying in Santiago. If the hotel is on the subway (metro) then it is easy to use, but crowded at rush hours. Otherwise it is easy to get around in taxis. The taxis at the hotels are more expensive then the standard yellow and blc\ack metered cabs.

What to do again depends on your interests. The Museo Precolombino is very fine. The Museo Bellas Artes is worth a visit. There is a large park Cerro San Cristobal which provides good views over the city. Just working around in downtown particulalrly is very interesting and quite safe.

A trip to Valparaiso is essential, but better to include your husband.

Chile
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ten days in Santiago

hello I live in Santiago,it is a beautiful city there are many places to know,in downtown hya two hills.

the city divides in two parts the old one ,in this place they are the government house , they museums , the seat of arms and The cathedral and the buildings that date from years 1800.

In the new part but of the city is the commercial centers, and the artisan fairs "Los Dominicos " , "Los Cobres de Vitacura "

y The artisan fair Apumanque You can visit this web site

http://www.enaturchile.com/ they can put a car to their disposition and a guide in English. visit the stores of lapizlasuli

it is a stone of blue color,that single one is in Chile and Afghanistan the Chilean craftsmen they make works very beautiful of Jewelry

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ten days in Santiago

Here is where a similar question was asked and recommendations were given for the must sees of Santiago. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit.

tripadvisor.com/…986398

virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ten days in Santiago

Thanks so much to all who answered my inquiry about Santiago. Sounds like a wonderful place to go and I have much to see! Thanks again.