We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pachamama bus tour

travelingtexasgirl
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Pachamama bus tour

I was thinking about using the pachamama bus tour to tour the lake district. Does anyone have opinions of this company?

Rancagua, Chile
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pachamama bus tour

Never heard of it before in my life!!!!

2 options:

1.- Whether the company is strictly oriented to foreign tourists

2.- or it is fake! ???

anyway, here in Chile we don´t have aimara or quechua speaking population, so, I'd be doubtful of a company that uses a "peruvian" name in Chile...

If I were you, I'd do more research on it. ;-)

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pachamama bus tour

The bus company does exist and offers services, but I have no experience of using it.

By the way, there are both aimara and quechua speaking peoples in Chile and there always have been.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pachamama bus tour

A danish friend of mine took the trip to the north a couple of weeks ago.

He says it was great....simple but efective....

He had a great time by the way....

In my opinion, the only problem of youo do it roundtrip is that you spend just one day in each town and of course i would suggest to stay more than one night in each....

Take a look at the web page http://www.pachamamabybus.com/

There you will find more answers for your questions.

regards

.....and as Toid says, i know a lot of people that speaks quechua or ayamara....i suggest you to go to the Altiplano and you will find them quiet easily.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pachamama bus tour

I've heard of these tours. I think they are good value for a young person traveling on his/her own as you get to meet others and share the experience.

travelingtexasgirl
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pachamama bus tour

Thank all of you for your help. I know it is a problem that they only spend about one night in each place, and it takes another week for them to return to the same spot, but we have limited time, so I think it might be a good option for us. But more opinions are still welcome. Thanks!

Peru
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pachamama bus tour

My partner and I just completed a weeks tour with Pachamama across the North of Chile and I would DEFINITELY recommend using them. We had a fantastic time, brilliant guide and driver, so much fun but also enough space for ourselves. They took us to some amazing places and we really didn´t see any other tourist groups until our final destination (san pedro de atacama, which is beautiful and a little tourist hub). This trip was one of the highlights of our 6 month travels.....the tour was well planned with great locations, as mentioned we had a great guide and driver who made us laugh as well as teaching us loads about the real chile and great people on the bus. Already missing everyone!

7. Re: Pachamama bus tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 22, 2009