We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil honeymoon in September

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil honeymoon in September

Hi there,

My fiance and I would love to visit Brazil for the last 2 weeks of september for our honeymoon. We are hoping for a bit of beach luxury, some city fun and also some adventure! Has anyone got any tips or ideas they could share with us? Also what we should expect weather wise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

xx

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

September is the end of winter for most of Brazil, I'd look at the North and Northeast for beach weather.

Maranhão and Natal maybe.

Edited: 2:48 pm, April 15, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

thanks for your tip wil do some research into these places!!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

Maranhao has awful beaches, but the Parque Lencois and Sao Luis are nice.

Check out Salvador.

honeymoon beach luxury: Nannai, Txai, also Roteiros de Charme hotels, Vila Corais in Morro do Sao Paulo

Emerald City
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

Maranhão's beaches aren't the best although São Luís is a charming city. Natal is simply dull. I second #2's suggestion, look at Salvador, the weather is usually perfect in September.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

brilliant thanks. i think we're going to fly to rio and spend 3 days here, head to Iguaza falls for a few days (i hear this is a must!) then spend our last week on the North East Coast or maybe salvador... so much to do and so little time!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

Salvador IS the northeast coast (part of it anyway).

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

www.pontaldoscarneiros.com.br/galeria.html

an amazing place

90 km from Recife airport (you might combine the time at beach with a trip to Olinda)

São Paulo/Brazil
Level Contributor
292 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

That a look at Club Med Itaparica, which is near Salvador

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

YUCK !!!! That would be the last place I would recommend in/around Salvador. (Let's travel thousands of miles to be rich snobs on an island of rural fisherman, pay 6 times more than normal for a simple can of beer, and stay almost totally isolated from any local culture.) If you want to see the local, rural culture on the island, you can take a ferry over for the day and go to Ponta de Areia beach.

If the Salvador area interests you (see www.bahia-online.net for an overview), do stay somewhere in the city where you have access to the music and nightlife, as well as some fun beaches. Then spend a few days at Villa dos Corais at the end of 3rd Beach in Morro do Sao Paulo.(2 hrs by catamaran)

villadoscorais.com.br/pousada-em-morro-de-sa…

Edited: 3:41 pm, April 19, 2011
10. Re: Brazil honeymoon in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 29, 2012