We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boi Bumba

California
Level Contributor
243 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Boi Bumba

Was viewing on the travel channel this festival called "Boi Bumba" in Brazil. How do I reach this place? I know that is held in June of each year, however when? Is this festival held on the same day and month each year? Are there hotels where I can reserve a room? How many days does the festival last? Is Parintins a place that I would like to hang out for seven days or is there other towns that I can visit or atractions nearby after enyoying the Boi Bumba Festival? Please help.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boi Bumba

Parantins has a big Boi Bumba on 3 days at the end of June that attracts a lot of tourists, like Carnaval, (and when prices go way up). You would get there through Manaus, by boat or flying.

www.boibumba.com (photos)

There is also Bumba Meu Boi in many locations around Sao Luis, Maranhao at the end of June/first few days of July. Last year, I went to some smaller festivals in the street with smaller groups, to some at a kind of exposition park they put up and at SESC near the beach which had groups of 300 or so going consecutively most of the night.

You could combine this with some sightseeing in the historic Reviver section of Sao Luis, some reggae nights, a boat trip to the old slave village of Alcantara, a visit to the lace makers in Raposa--and best of all, a few days in the Park Lencois to see the lakes in the dunes.

www.flickr.com/photos/tonygalvez/456870723/ (some photos of Boi in Sao Luis and the Parque Lencois lakes--the linked blog has good info)

Mentioned in this post
Manaus
Manaus
Amazon River, AM
Sao Luis
Sao Luis
State of Maranhao
Sesc Caldas Novas
Sesc Caldas Novas
745 Reviews
Caldas Novas, GO
Lencois
Lencois
State of Bahia
2. Re: Boi Bumba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:47 pm, May 31, 2008
3. Re: Boi Bumba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 29, 2009