We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

Madison, WI
11 posts
Save Topic
Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

I am a student traveling around Patagonia for two weeks. I plan on visiting Torres Del Paine for about three days, and I would like to find cheap lodging in or very near to the park.

(also, any suggestions of tour operators would be helpful as I would like to do more than just ride the bus through the park!)

Mentioned in this post
Patagonia
Patagonia
Argentina
Torres
Torres
State of Rio Grande do Sul
Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
#1 of 131 hotels in San Carlos de Bariloche
Peninsula Petit Hotel
Peninsula Petit Hotel
#2 of 131 hotels in San Carlos de Bariloche
Hosteria Antu Kuyen
Hosteria Antu Kuyen
#3 of 131 hotels in San Carlos de Bariloche
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
383 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

All you need is here: www.pathagone.com

Sydney
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

The cheapest lodging in the park is camping, but you're probably better off staying in refugios unless you're bringing your own tent for some other reason anyway. From memory, I think it's something like US$20-30 a night to stay at the refugios if you pay in US dollars, in cash, or US$60-70 for full board and lodging (all meals including a boxed lunch). You could try taking the catamaran across Lago Pehoe and staying at Refugio Pehoe for a couple of nights, and doing some long day trips from there up to the Grey Glacier and the French Valley, or staying in Refugio Las Torres or Refugio Chileno and walking up to the towers and the Valle del Silencio.

Mentioned in this post
Torres
Torres
Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

Pierre: Nice web. Why all this travel companies, tour provider´s web sites , in their section: "WHO we are" never picture themselves in person and generally talk very generally ? ..smiling faces, people and "curves" sell in a "image" world .. agree ? ...

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,156 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap lodging in Torres Del Paine

We should be in the Chile forum but I guess you are going to patagonia in Argentina too.

This is well worth reading about the Torres:

http://tinyurl.com/dnnrh

As mentioned, the local tour operators or even your accomodation can book refugios for you.

This has the names of a few places:

http://tinyurl.com/9kphx

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Torres
Torres