We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day excursion

Which Stanley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saugus, California
9 posts
Save Topic
One day excursion

Hi everyone,

We will be on the Golden Princess Doing Santiago to Rio beginning Dec 21, 2013. The cruise stops in Valpariso (Chile), Punta Areanas (Chile), Ushuaia (Argentina), Falkland Islands (Stanley), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay), and Rio De Janeiro (Brazil). We are a couple in our mid 20's and are pretty adventurous. We would much rather do excursions on our own than go with ones Princess provides.

Any suggestions on what we should do when we visit the Falkland islands? I would like to see the penguins but noticed there are a few different places to go. Please let me know if you have any insight you can provide. We are there from 8AM to 6PM.

Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day excursion

Hi,

For more info you can read older posts on here, or the Falklands tourism sites. Penguins are all over, but mainly on private land, which costs to access. Gypsy Cove is near Stanley and on government land.

Tours mainly do history/culture; Battlefields; or wildlife, or a combination..

An all-day tour will cost whether done by the ship or privately.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day excursion

Hello

I am thinking of doing the same ship, the same itinerary in Jan. 2015. How was your experience? Did you find any problems during the cruise, such as food etc.?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day excursion

Systemguy,

I suggest you post on cruisecritic. It attracts many more posts and you can contactvpeople on your specific ship....

4. Re: One day excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, December 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Stanley