We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

I am an Indian passport holder (with a green card) and a resident of USA. What is the process to get an Argentina visa?

I am answering my own question here based on my experience of getting an Argentina visa from the consulate in Los Angeles. I am writing this post because I had these questions before I got the visa. The visa experience is from Nov 2014 and might be different depending on when you read this post.

The Argentinian consulate in Los Angeles, CA caters to some 11 states. If you need a visa from them, you have to take an appointment at the consulate. They do not accept walkins, nor can you apply by mail. To take an appointment, send an email to the consulate. I sent an email to visas_clang@mrecic.gov.ar, but this would be different for other consulates.

The consulate is very busy and hence replies to emails very slowly, sometimes even after 2 weeks. In my case, they replied after a week. Given sufficient time for them to respond and to get an appointment. When communicating with the consulate, please highlight in the subject that you are requesting for appointment, and when your date of travel is. This might help you get their attention if you are in a hurry.

The consulate will give you a list of requirements for the visa. They will also give you a date and ask you to confirm it. I took the date they gave me and did not try to change it.

I live in San Francisco, so had to travel to LA for the appointment. On the day of the appointment, I went to the consulate. The consulate is in a good area of Los Angeles and is well connected by public transport. There is parking at the consulate, if you decide to drive.

I took public transport. There is a starbucks if you reach early and need to wait, and printer services outside the consulate, if you need to take any missing printouts. The consulate has restrooms as well.

When you go into the consulate, you need to sign in. they have two lists, one for appointments and one for those without. Sign in to the one for appointments. Wait for your name to be called out. You wont be called before your appointment even if the person handling the visa

is not busy. When your turn comes, a consulate person checks your papers to make sure all required documents are submitted. You are then asked to wait to be interviewed by the consulate officer. I had to wait 20 minutes, but a person before me had to wait for an hour or so.

The consulate officer asked me basic questions as to why i am going there, how long, if i have been there before etc. But he did check to make sure i have all the hotels booked. I had made a list of all the dates and hotels in addition to the hotel reservations. This made

him happy.

The officer was very courteous. He approved my visa. I asked him for a multiple entry visa and he gave me one for twice the number of days I asked for. The passport will be mailed back to me (you have to submit a prepaid USPS priority flat rate envelope) in 7 days. You can ask for 3 day processing for $40.

Other things: You can carry a backpack to the consulate. So if you are traveling to LA from another city and need to checkout from your hotel or just reach there in the morning(by bus or plane), you don't need to keep your bags in a locker or something.

11 replies to this topic
Clayton, California
1 post
1. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

him much is the visa fee

Edited: 11:08 pm, March 17, 2015
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

free for indian passport holders. ask for a multiple entry visa, since you dont have to pay extra,

Esbjerg, Denmark
1 post
3. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

thanks for sharing! Great!

Dublin, California
1 post
4. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

What are the specifications for the photo? I am confused by different specs from different Argentia immigration web sites. It should be a 1.5" by 1.5" against a white background, straight profile, correct?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

Thanks for sharing, information is very helpful.

San Diego...
1 post
6. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

Did you book the tickets and the hotels for the visa or just the itinerary was fine?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

As I have mentioned in my posting, the officer made sure I had reservations at each place. That is, he checked I had print outs of the reservations. Mine were all hostels. You can book something with free cancellation and cancel it later if you like. But I had to provide an itinerary of my trip and the hotel reservation for each place. This can always change, so it does not matter what you provide, as long as it seems reasonable.

I had my tickets to Argentina booked upfront. I dont know if that is a requirement, but it helps.

1 post
8. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

Hi ksach! Thank you so much for your post. I am an Indian citizen with a US permanent resident status, living in California. My big dilemma is that my Indian passport is valid for 5 months beyond my travel end date instead of 6 months. Did Argentina's embassy state that as a requirement? Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

Hi Nidhi,

This was the email I got back from the consulate when I asked for an appointment - it did not say how long the passport has to be valid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir:

Once you meet all the requirements, you have to send an e-mail to schedule an appointment for your visa interview ; appointments are given Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Walk ins are not accepted.

Please make sure to bring all the visa requirements for your appointment; otherwise the Consul will not interview you.

The tourist visa requirements are as follows:

If there are many people applying for the visa,” each “ visa application must have a copy of all the visa requirements

Please fill out both visa application answering all the questions; write your name as it is written in your passport; write your home and business telephone numbers

1- Valid passport (with pages to stamp your visa)

2- Proof of legal status in the United States, copy of your U.S.

valid visa or green card.

3- Proof of economic resources, copy of your checking bank statements

for the last 3 months (with your name on it, please include all pages),

from a bank in the United States.

4- Letter of verification of employment, sign by the employer (It has to

say name & last name of the person signing the letter)

5- Hotel reservation, (with your name on it) for the length of your stay

in Argentina.

6- If you are staying in a friends home, she/he has to write a letter saying the dates that you are going to stay, address, telephone number and your friend´s D.N.I. number (is the Argentinean ID number). The letter has to be signed in front of a Escribano (Notary) and legalized by the Colegio de Escribanos (Notary´s Board)

7- Flight itinerary showing a round trip with your name on it issued by

the airline, showing the date you enter and exit from Argentina.

8-If you enter by buss you have to submit the buss ticket or

confirmation from the bus company showing when you enter and exit

Argentina.

9- If you enter by cruise line, you have to show the itinerary with your

name on it, showing when you enter and exit Argentina.

10- 1 color passport picture. Please glue one photograph of the applicant in the visa application on the second page where it says photo, please cut the photo if it is too big.

11- Visa free of charge

12- Copy of a utility bill with your name and address on it.

4 posts
10. Re: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA

Hi ksach!

Thank you so much for your detailed post. This will really help me with my visa.

I was trying to fill out the form, and the question number 10 "Type of Local identification and number or residency card" is confusing. Do you remember what needs to be filled in for that question?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Shwetha

Reply to: How do I obtain an Argentina visa for Indian passport in USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted