We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa at Iguazu falls

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa at Iguazu falls

Hi all,

I am planning to visit the Iguazu falls from the Argentina side, and then make a day trip the Brazilian side, returning to Argentina the same day to continue with the trip in Argentina.

My citizenship requires that I apply for entry visas into both Argentina and Brazil, which I will do before I leave.

By the time I get to Iguazu falls, I would , of course, have already used my Argentina visa for entering Argentina. I would then enter Brazil on my Brazilian visa, and then have to enter back into Argentina with a visa again on the same day. This, theoretically, would require another entry visa into Argentina.

The problem is the Argentinian embassy in Denmark will not grant me a multi-entry visa nor two single entry visas. They will only allow me to apply for one sigle entry visa.

Any advice on this? When going from Argentina to Brazil at the Iguazu falls, do they stamp you as departing Argentina? And do they check your visas when coming back into Argentina? I don't want to run risks of not being able to enter Argentina, so this impacts whether I even go to the Brazilian side.

Thank you for any advice you can give!

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa at Iguazu falls

You will have no problem, my friends have the same visa as you mentioned and had no problem visiting the Brazilian side.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa at Iguazu falls

I would skip visiting the Brazilian side of the Falls if you do not have permission to reenter Argentina. While there may be people who have crossed, it's always possible that you could be stopped and legally you are not covered by any paperwork.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa at Iguazu falls

Yeah, maybe I just need to play it safe. We can spend the extra day exploring the other non-waterfalls parts of the Iguazu National Park, I guess. Any other suggested activities there for the second day? We have a flight back to Buenos Aires in the evening so there is plenty of time that day.

Thanks!

4. Re: Visa at Iguazu falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 27, 2014