We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

Alexandria
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

Did or does anyone used this tour operator in Argentina? can't find any reviews.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
50 replies to this topic
Gurnee, IL
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

We are in progress with them right now. They were very responsive and have a great website which made it easy to customize our itinerary. I think it is good that no one is responding with negative comments. There are several closed forums of people asking if they have been used. I will keep you posted on how my trip goes in November!

Gurnee, IL
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

We are back from our trip - it was wonderful! We even got an unexpected, complementary upgrade and private transfer to our tango show. We went in early November and did the 6 day Mendoza and Buenos Aires (BA) tour.

We got in on Sunday and the traffic in BA was great, which made for a lovely city tour. Markets are open on the weekend so we got to visit two of them. We had an awesome guide, who spoke great English and was very relatable.

The next day we flew to Mendoza. While there, we did the Winery tour - which had an amazing lunch and the Giants tour with hike in the Andes. We had the same guide and driver the entire time in Mendoza. Each day they would drop us off at the hotel and let us know when they would pick us up the next day.

Everything was run flawlessly by Fred. He sent a few messages via hotel fax and voicemail for changes/ boarding passes but everything was detailed in the printed booklet.

We had no issues nor complaints. They have thought of everything. We were well taken care of. We did the hotel upgrade (level 2) so we stayed at the Hilton in BA and Park Hyatt in Mendoza. There was free wifi at the Park Hyatt which was really nice for keeping in touch with home.

The trip was an excellent value, the guides were invaluable at suggesting all the best restaurants. We walked everywhere and never had to take a taxi due to the hotel locations and restaurant recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Mendoza
Mendoza
Province of Mendoza, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

We have used the services of Exploration Journey in Buenos Aires for customizing our private tour in Argentina. Fred, one of the owners, has been absolutely amazing. Very professional, patient and responsive. Our trip has been perfectly organized. Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Palo Alto...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

We have used this agency and Fred twice, ten years apart. The first time we went was ten years ago, while we were still dating. It was so good that we just got back (yesterday!), ten years later, this time with our two kids (5 and 6.5). Like he did in December of 2003, Fred organized an IMPECCABLE trip for us, this time accounting for the fact that we had new needs due to our kids. For instance, he made sure to book tours that were a bit less intense, crafted a schedule that allowed us to visit amazing places and to rest, and even checked us in for our flight. When we landed we received a booklet that had all of our travel information, vouchers, tips, advice, etc. The vendors he used for the tours were outstanding, and when I asked around different people on location, they all confirmed this. Fred organized a trip for us to Bariloche (in Patagonia; we spent time in BA just visiting family so we didn't need his services). We went rafting, hiking in the Cerro Llao Llao with an excellent English speaking private guide, we took a boat tour to the Arrayanes, we went horseback riding, and did a full day, privately guided tour of Cerro Tronador (excellent!). This allowed us to combine adventure travel with just chilling. Fred also arranged all the transfers from the airport to the hotels, booked the hotel, etc. Really a fantastic experience that we hope to repeat a little more frequently than once in ten years!

Mentioned in this post
Patagonia
Patagonia
Argentina
Cerro Tronador
Cerro Tronador
3,911 Reviews
San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
2 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

We just returned from a trip organized by Fred and we couldn't have been more pleased. We visited BA, Puerto Madryn, El Calafate, and Iguazu in 10 days - so we had a lot of moving parts and flights. My husband, me, and our three teenage boys all enjoyed the trip. All the details were in line and the transfers and tours went very smoothly. When we had an issue, Fred was quick to remedy them. I would highly recommend planning a trip to Argentina with Exploration Journeys.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Madryn
Puerto Madryn
Province of Chubut, Argentina
El Calafate
El Calafate
Province of Santa Cruz, Argentina
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Cheshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

My family and I have been touring all over the world in the past 25 years. Our past year end trip to Buenos Aires and Patagonia of Argentina arranged by Exploration Journeys is among the best of our experience. Fred is a good communicator. The travel booklet he had prepared for us worked very nicely. We always read it again the night before our next day's tour. Evidently Fred takes it as his pride when he put together the whole arrangement with enough details that makes us feel very secured. He is professional, knowledgeable, thorough, responsible and very trust worthy.

All of our tours worked out nicely. That includes the private tour guides that Fred hand picked for us. All the connections, pickups and drop-offs were very smooth. Our money was well spent. EJ has set up a great example for all tour agencies. Our expectation for future trips will be high.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Patagonia
Patagonia
Argentina
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Guaynabo, Puerto...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

My husband and I just returned from our Honey Moon in Argentina, which was all organized and planned by Exploration Journeys Tour Operator (His name was Fred). It was recommended to me from another another friend. From the booking until our return everything was smoothly. They are very god at what they do and at making sure you won't need anything while you are enjoying your vacation. We had no worried on our honey moon, which made it even more special. I strongly recommend this group to handle whatever trip you may have. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

For our honeymoon, Fred of Exploration Journeys planned the perfect trip. I even gave him a testimonial on his site (he said it was positng soon): "It was a strong mix of adventure and relaxation and we loved every minute of it. Not only was every activity, day and city well-thought out, the country of Argentina left a wonderful impression on us with it's food, culture and atmosphere.

We felt safe and welcomed from the minute we landed, and as a small added-value his plane tickets, boat tour tickets, etc. were always front/center and even VIP.

Highly recommend.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

I just got back from an amazing trip (Patagonia, Iguazu, Buenos Aires) organized by Fred! a truly wonderful trip, well organized, no problem at all! I think this tour operator has an excellent team of people, all reliable, I highly recommend it :)

Mentioned in this post
Patagonia
Patagonia
Argentina
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.

I always consult Tripadvisor reviews before we travel but I have never written a review. However, I just have to write to praise Fred at Exploration Journeys. When we began planning a trip to Iguazu Falls, I found the Exploration Journeys' website and was truly impressed with the Testimonials recorded there. Very experienced travelers were incredibly laudatory in their appraisal of Fred and Exploration Journeys. When I found a similar opinion on another site independent of Exploration Journeys, I was convinced. I found that all of the praise is justified. Fred's attention to detail is amazing!! He attended to all of the arrangements leaving us free to just enjoy our trip.

We began with a half day architectural tour in Buenos Aires that was excellent. Our guide really made the city "come alive". We come to South America every year to visit family living there and had previously toured BA, but our guide for this tour exceeded our previous experience. She gave us a new appreciation of the city.

Later that day we flew to Iguazu. We spent the next day touring the Falls from the Argentina side and were very impressed with how close we were able to get to them thanks to the network of well constructed walk ways. (This was a better experience than our visit to Victoria Falls.) We also did the boat trip which was an adventure. Although everyone gets drenched when the boat drives under part of the Falls, we were given waterproof bags that kept shoes and cameras dry.

The next day we visited the Falls from the Brazilian side. In order to do that we had to get a visa at the consulate in Chicago. The visa cost $160 per person but viewing the Falls from the Brazilian sides gives an added dimension to the whole experience.

We also visited the Bird Park that is on the Brazilian side since the visit to the Falls from that side only takes a couple of hours. The Bird Park is very well done and allows for close encounters with very colorful jungle birds in a naturalized setting. The Park also is concerned with conservation efforts and is involved in raising some endangered species and returning them to the wild.

Our hotels as arranged by Fred were more than adequate. (We did the Silver Plan.) Our rooms in Buenos Aires and Iguazu were large with sitting areas. The hotel in Iguazu was especially comfortable and included a large outdoor terrace that we utilized after our first day at the Falls. The people at the reception desk at the BA hotel were very helpful.

I would highly recommend Exploration Journeys and Fred if you are considering travel in Argentina. They offer many more destinations than Iguazu Falls, and, as many other satisfied travelers have testified, this company does an impeccable job when it comes to trip planning!

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls
11,199 Reviews
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Victoria
Victoria
Province of Entre Rios, Argentina
Reply to: Exploration Journeys Tour Operator.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted