We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires Flood 2013

Eugene, Oregon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires Flood 2013

I've read several news articles about the current flooding situation in Buenos Aires and La Plata, apparently the worst flood in over 100 years. Does anyone have information about how this is impacting tourists? Should I cancel my plans to visit for later this month?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires Flood 2013

All the tourist activities are going on as usual, the specific regions hit by the floods are normally not those visitors go to, so you should be fine.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires Flood 2013

Hi all !

If you want to donate something for people affected by the flood, you can go to the Cathedral.

Water, cleaning solutions and desinfectants are welcome !

And everything ! Many people lost their whole houses

Thank you all !

Silvia

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires Flood 2013

Today donations will be at La Rural and Planetario.

Thank you all!

Silvia

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires Flood 2013

Dear Lizzy,

The flood has been a real desaster in the affected areas. We are very sad for the situation, but happily people generosity is moving fast and far.

The tourist destinations are not affected- so don't change your plans. Buenos Aires is a beautiful as usual...

Saludos!

5. Re: Buenos Aires Flood 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2014