We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

I will be travelling to South America in June and part of my itinerary is to visit Iguazu Falls.

I will be flying from Rio de Janeiro to Foz do Iguassu, Brazil but will be flying out from the Argentine side to Buenos Aires. In doing so, I will be paying less for the airfares because both will be domestic flights.

I will be staying in a hotel at Puerto Iguazu, Argentine side and I plan to head straight there on the same day of my arrival at the Brazilian side.

My question is, what is the best way to get to Puerto Iguazu (Argentina) straight from Foz do Iguassu (Brazil) airport? What are the transport options from the airport to the border and from the border to Puerto Iguazu?

Thanks in advance.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

Taxi s are readily available at the Brazilian airport directly to your hotel. The cost would be around 200 pesos.

There is also local bus transport from the airport to the downtown bus terminal in Pte Iguazu.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

Thanks a lot.

If that is the case, the taxi will be waiting for me whilst I am processing my papers at the border control?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

Yes, you will wait in the taxi and the driver will hand the paperwork to the immigration official.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

Thanks heaps mate.

5. Re: Crossing Brazil-Argentina border via Iguazu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014