We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lade Airlines Help please

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lade Airlines Help please

We have been looking for internal flights in Argentina during February 2013. Aerolineas prices seem to be absorbitant, have found another internal airline Lade Airlines, we are having difficulty trying to book for February on their website.

1. Is it possible to book tickets online from Europe ?

2. How does this company sell flights in Argentina {via a travel agent?} or direct sell at airport?

Hasa anyone used any other internal airlines, we wish to travel from Cordoba to San Carlos de Baraloche and then on to El Calafate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rod & Lin

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

To fly from Córdoba to Bariloche is only possible via Buenos Aires as far as I know. Then from Buenos Aires to Bariloche can be done with either Aerolineas Argentinas or LAN. The bus drive from Córdoba to Bariloche is about 20 hours.

The Bariloche - El Calafate flight can be done direct with Aerolineas but is considered one of the most expensive flights in Argentina, mainly because Aerolineas Argentinas has a monopoly on this track and also because doing this trip over land is about 48 hours.

I have flown with LADE about 12 years ago once, it was perfect. How their services are today I really would not know, sorry. Anyway, you will just have to calculate that flying within Argentina is simply an expensive activity. When possible try to focus on a smaller area, where you can make distances with the comfortable night buses. F.e. in the triangle Córdoba - Mendoza - Salta you can do everything with buses. Also from Córdoba to Mendoza and further down to Bariloche and Puerto Madryn can all be done with buses.

Enjoy Argentina!

Jan

Edited: 9:29 pm, December 03, 2012
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Hi Jan

Thanks very much for your comments - appreciated, we are quite surprised that no one seems to know anything about Lade Airlines, looks like it's the bus for us two.

regards

Rod & Lin

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Hello Rod & Lin,

LADE (Líneas Aéreas del Estado = Argentina's State Airlines).

It's not a commercial airline as most airlines we know. State-owned, its fleet consists of Air Force airplanes, flown by Air Force pilots.

They do not advertise, (and I doubt they pay commissions to travel agents).

As I understand it, they focus mainly in connecting remote areas of the country, as an affordable option for the residents, more than providing services for tourists.

lade.com.ar/ingles/recorrido_historico_ingle…

Below the link to a recent thread where one Trip Advisor member flew LADE (somewhat to my surprise, as you will see):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312851-i6608-k588…

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Hi Vero

Thanks very much for the information, we followed your links, we think we will go into one of their offices when we are there and try and book flights, as on their site you can only book December 2012 at the moment.

Many thanks

regards

Rod & Lin

Paris, France
Level Contributor
46 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Hello there

Same question one year later as we plan the same trip around february next year !

have you been able to fly Bariloche El CAlafate ? and if yes which company ? Seen somewhere I believe an LAde Web that they have a flight on Tuesday but not sure

Thanks in advance

Eric l

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

I might be wrong but I think you can only purchase flights with them if you are an Argentine resident, they're not available for tourists, when we tried to book they asked for an id and because we obviously didn't have one you couldn't go any further with the booking it was the same with some airlines in Brazil. But let us know if you do manage to purchase them.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Tourists can fly LADE.

Not the most simple task for anyone, since purchase cannot be made online, but one has to either pay giving CC details by phone, or buy the tickets at their offices here in Argentina.

Please take note that Lade's reliability is at its lowest point right now, due to insufficient funding.

Here, link to an article on La Nación newspaper, whose title is "Lade, Aerolíneas' poor sister, dwindles for lack of budget"

lanacion.com.ar/1577829-lade-aerolinea-presu…

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

I don't mean to scare anybody, but I would only fly LADE as a last resort.....

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Verobaires, thanks for clearing that up.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lade Airlines Help please

Hi

In the event we did not book with Lade airlines as it seemed to unreliable for our schedule, we booked several internal flights with aerolineas which to say the least are rather expensive as they have different prices for the tourists and the nationals, sorry cant tell you much more about the trip as we couldnt travel due to family illness hopefully we will try again next January,

Good Luck

Edited: 4:01 pm, August 26, 2013