We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Landisville...
Level Contributor
476 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

We were in BA in February and the feria was not on Sunday. We are now heading back in December. Does anyone know if the feria will be operating on Sunday? Is this still recommended? Any best way to get there from Palermo? Thankis!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

According to the info on this website, it should still be held Sunday afternoons in December, changing to Saturday nights January - March.

http://www.buenostours.com/feria-de-mataderos

We take the subte (E Line- to the end - Plaza de los Virreyes), then catch a taxi for 10-15 minute ride. You can also go via bus or taxi all the way. I'll be there next Sunday - can't wait!!

Landisville...
Level Contributor
476 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Thanks H. We missed it in February and hope to go in December. How was your visit this past week?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Connie - flying down this Saturday and had planned to go to Mataderos Sunday afternoon. Now all the weather reports that I'm looking at call for 60% chance of rain and I know the feria isn't held if it's raining. Will have to start working on Plan B, just in case! Unfortunately it's my only Sunday in the city, so no other chance....fingers crossed!

Jeddah
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

I have just been there last sunday 2nd december and it was open

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

When I was there in November... There was a light rain and the festival was still held .. although I didn't see any gauchos (I may just not have timed it right).

Landisville...
Level Contributor
476 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Thanks all....we will try this SUnday. Hope we have nice weather!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
4 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

sorry this reply is late, and sad that Trip Advisor doesn't count this as one of BA's key attractions and it is free...

La Feria de Matadores was a key highlight of our visit (Nov 2012) and an event no one should miss if they are in BA on a Sunday. It is only on Sunday and runs most of the day, in the meat packing/butchering section of the city out near the airport. We found the easiest way to get there, while not inexpensive, was a taxi (we were staying in Recoleta). We arrived late morning to the smells or grilling meats and the aromas of fresh made candies and foods of every sort in restaurants and stalls in the square and streets that radiate out from it. It is a true weekly street fair of crafts and dancing... grilled meats and dancing.. barbecue and dancing... Do you want anything gaucho, anything leather-crafted, any argentinian indigenous crafts? you can probably find it here. But the most fun was watching, being drawn into, the performances, the dances by young and old, on stage and in the street, by people in full gaucho costume and by any passersby that dared to join in.... When you are done, go back to town by taxi, get off in San Telmo and walk all the way to Recoleta through the Sunday antique market... the other best thing to do in BA for free. Your sense will have been taxed to the max if you experience both.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Feria de Mataderos is really great.

But they change the day of performance according summer/ winter.

http://www.feriademataderos.com.ar/feria.htm

From March - December it is on Sundays from 11:00 - 20:00

From January - February it is Saturday in the evening, but I am not shure at which time it starts....I'll go there

mid February 2014 and then I'll check.

Regards

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

Just an update from their homepage:

in summer on saturdays from 18:00 (from 25.01.2014) until 22.02.2014

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Feria de Matadores Buenos Aires

And how it will be in March 2014? Which day does it start?