We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Malaga, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

I believe this limit includes the carry-on bag? Some of the only internal flights are not available/full on Condor class (30kg limit), so besides travelling light or altering all arrangements, can anyone suggest how you travel on this airline. Is excess baggage easy at check-in and at what cost? We are flying from Spain on Iberia.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

The checked baggage allowance in Econormy is 15kg. You are also allowed 8kg of carry on. It's unusual that they would check the weight of the carry on luggage unless the size does not meet the requirements.

Malaga, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Thanks Ricardo

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Do you have any idea what the cost is for baggage over 15kg?

Malaga, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Their website says 9.92 peso per kg over 15kg for internal flights. For 11 regional flight destinations to other countries in South America FROM Buenos Aires ONLY it can be US$3.2 to US$8.3 per kg depending on the destination. For everywhere else they charge 1.5% of the 'Y' class IATA Air Fare per person in economy class for each kg of excess baggage! In other words don't have excess baggage!

see:

www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/main.asp…

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Hello:

-Four of us had a great 3 week vacation in Argentina and Chile in January.

-We had five internal flights on Aerolineas. We knew that they had checked baggage restrictions of 33 pounds per bag and would charge about $1.20 per pound over weight. As we needed clothing for a wide variety of temperatures, we decided to just pay the charge if "caught".

-All of our check on bags were overweight, but we followed the suggestions of other posters on the TA Forum and "smiled a lot" at check in.

-At the first check in, the nice lady told us that our bags were over their weight limit, but they would not charge us this time.

-On the other flights, our bags were always weighted, but no mention of a charge!

-Let me know if yuo'd like a link (with pictures) from our vacation.

Best, Jim

Malaga, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Thanks Jim. We had read the advice to smile a lot!!!

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

Will try the same smiling strategy for our flight Iguazu to BA. We too are traveling for a month through multiple countries so need assorted climate clothing. Not sure if we will be under 15kg. Will just have to pay the excess if needed...but hoping the smiles work!

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
482 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

We have 4 domestic flights with AR in mid-Nov and I am trying trying trying to imagine packing very light!!

I can't find on the AR website dimensions for the checked luggage but assume the dimensions of my small suitcase will be fine.

Question regarding the carryon -

the "luggage gods" have always been on our side (knocking on wood) but I feel I need to pack smarter for these 4 AR flights and pack essentials in my carryon in case checked luggage is delayed or lost.

So as long as I keep within the dimensions of the carryon (22x14x10?) I don't need to necessarily worry about the 5kg(11pds) weight? My netbook alone is pretty heavy!

And what about a purse? Hope that is okay.

And do they have the same TSA rules we have in USA regarding liquids and such?

And my husband speaks fluent Spanish and is very friendly and I can SMILE big so hopefully that helps!!!

Thanks so much for any tips.

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

We just flew Aerolinas from Iguacu to BA and there was no issue or question about us taking our medium/large suitcases (we had one each) or our packs as carry on (I also had my purse). I saw many people taking much larger and multiple suitcases and multiple large carry on luggage. As for liquids, most airports followed similar small liquid restrictions, however there were some variations where they seemed to just let people walk through with large water bottles or other liquids. Stick to the 100ml or smaller for carry on and you will be fine. Good luck with your trip!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baggage limit of 15kg with Aerolineas Argentinas

I just flew five Aerolineas flights last month. I had kept my weight under their limit for my checked bag, but I'm sure my carry-on was over limit - it was never weighed or mentioned. My two friends both checked two bags each and had carry-on bags and purses for all of our flights and they weren't charged anything. (yes, smiling and being friendly helps!)

We also found out that the local travel agent in Cordoba had booked one ticket on a different flight - being nice to the agent in Calafate resulted in him rebooking her on our flight with no change fees.

We also took water on all flights, not the same TSA rules as in the States.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Aerolineas being pretty much on schedule, while LAN had problems with both of the flights to Iguazu that we had booked.