We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and shorts?

ukiah
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
weather and shorts?

Weather and shorts?

So you are all saying that in Jan. in BsAs it is 95f/34c with 80% humidity and no one wheres shorts?

How do you walk around in mid-day with out melting?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather and shorts?

The temperature isn't THAT high ALL the time and most tourists wear shorts. Locals usually don't, because it would not be adequate to go to work.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather and shorts?

I was walking downtown(on Florida) today;then in Recoleta in the early evening to meet friends and most guys were wearing shorts. It was really hot yesterday and really humid. All the people were not just tourists(and even some Portenos in white socks,but not many). For shoes most people in sneakers and thongs.However, if you are going out to dinner in the night;then wear long pants for sure.

Today,the weather will be a reapeat of yesterday and I will go downtown again in shorts but no white socks.

Suerte!

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather and shorts?

I agree with Ricardo. When the weather heats up, the shorts go on.....except, as AV notes, for those going to work (they are probably envious, wishing they, too, could don shorts).....

But dress up a bit at night. You won't find no shoes, no service signs....and you won't be refused service if you wear shorts, but most locals have on nicer clothing....

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: weather and shorts?

On DD's 'no shirts, no service' theme, are dogs allowed inside restaurants in Buenos Aires? Or only allowed in outdoor seating area? When I invite Santi to lunch or dinner I want him to bring Snappy!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather and shorts?

I would say only in outdoor seating area, if you are lucky!!! Snappy is Santiagov's dog, I imagine?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather and shorts?

Yes, Snappy is Santi's adorable beagle dog. There is a cute photo of him (I think on the Barca boat website)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather and shorts?

DT: I have a sort of riddle for Joe on the Feliz Navidad thread. It would be great if you could solve it before he does!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather and shorts?

Just perused the Navidad thread & Joe already beat me. Those New Yorkers are miles ahead of us Oregonians in the thought process! Must be because our brains are waterlogged by all this bloody rain!

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather and shorts?

LOL

Dtin ..If wishing to have lunch together (a pleasure )including "Snappy" ...(not in the menu of course) ..the boat is a good place .. but she gets nervous because of bugs, even simple flies.. she has spent her last 2 years at our apt. after living a few years in the farm..and is now very "touchy"!!

We take her to the outdoors restaurant / bar from Museo de Arte Decorativo or Palacio Errazuriz where she is allowed to stay for a while..

Dogs are NOT allowed in BA restaurants.