I want to advise you about the hostal "Tucumán Hostel" in the city of San Miguel de Tucumán, in the street Buenos Aires 669.
I was there for some days ago, and someone steeled me everything (notebook, professional camera, iPod, RayBan and 300 pesos). All my things where in my room, closed into the locker.
At the beginning I though it was a common theft, but then I noticed some strange details prooving me that the hostel is implicated in this theft:
1) more than the half of the lockers are already broken
2) they asked me to be quiet and discrete and not to talk about that to the other customers
3) they refused to show me the surveillance camera video, pretending that just this day it didn't record it (they didn't even check it)
4) at 7am I asked to call other hostel of Tucumán to know if the robber was hosted there. At 1pm they hadn't call nobody and I had to insist they do it.
5) when the notary came in the hostel to see the facts, they refused to let him enter.
Keep also in mind that the hostel is really dirty: you'll find dust and trashbins in the entry hall, as well in the back patio (garden). No room has windows and it smells like mold and transpiration. The toilets smells like cloaca and it flooded.
The tourism Office of Tucumán has already received a lot of complaints and some customers has also published some disgusting pictures of the hostel (I can give the URL for the one interested to see it).
So my advice is to avoid the Tucumán Hostel and go to other hostel, cleaner and better, where the owners care about their customers, as such as:
- Oh! Hostel
- La Posta del Viajero
- Las Heras / Pueblo Hostel
I hope it will be usefull to some people.