We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucuman Hostel: organized theft and insalubrity

Argentina...
1 post
Save Topic
Tucuman Hostel: organized theft and insalubrity

Hello everybody,

I want to advise you about the hostal "Tucumán Hostel" in the city of San Miguel de Tucumán, in the street Buenos Aires 669.

I was there for some days ago, and someone steeled me everything (notebook, professional camera, iPod, RayBan and 300 pesos). All my things where in my room, closed into the locker.

At the beginning I though it was a common theft, but then I noticed some strange details prooving me that the hostel is implicated in this theft:

1) more than the half of the lockers are already broken

2) they asked me to be quiet and discrete and not to talk about that to the other customers

3) they refused to show me the surveillance camera video, pretending that just this day it didn't record it (they didn't even check it)

4) at 7am I asked to call other hostel of Tucumán to know if the robber was hosted there. At 1pm they hadn't call nobody and I had to insist they do it.

5) when the notary came in the hostel to see the facts, they refused to let him enter.

Keep also in mind that the hostel is really dirty: you'll find dust and trashbins in the entry hall, as well in the back patio (garden). No room has windows and it smells like mold and transpiration. The toilets smells like cloaca and it flooded.

The tourism Office of Tucumán has already received a lot of complaints and some customers has also published some disgusting pictures of the hostel (I can give the URL for the one interested to see it).

So my advice is to avoid the Tucumán Hostel and go to other hostel, cleaner and better, where the owners care about their customers, as such as:

- Oh! Hostel

- Backpacker's

- La Posta del Viajero

- Las Heras / Pueblo Hostel

I hope it will be usefull to some people.

Best regards,

Raph

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
La Posta del Pilar
La Posta del Pilar
89 Reviews
Pilar, Argentina
Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
#1 of 130 hotels in San Carlos de Bariloche
Casa Glebinias
Casa Glebinias
#1 of 9 hotels in Chacras de Coria
1. Re: Tucuman Hostel: organized theft and insalubrity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 15, 2010